Garage door service and repair at Norwood Door Systems
Norwood Door Systems provides outstanding products and services for home and building owners in the Walpole area. Our expert advisors will happily help you through your purchase of a new garage door system. Our experienced technicians always do a great job, as they have mastered every single step of the garage door service and repair processes of any brands on the market. Whether your needs are residential, commercial or industrial, we'll deliver speedy and friendly service.
Need garage door service and repair?
Does your garage door opener:
- Not work?
- Make a bothersome thudding noise?
- Open and close by itself?
Does your garage door:
- Close improperly?
- Not open?
- Not reverse direction mechanically?
- Seem very heavy to open?
- Stop before touching the floor?
Then contact Norwood Door Systems! You can trust us with all your garage door service and repair inquiries and we will be sure to fix your problems rapidly and correctly! Here is what we can take care of:
- Noisy garage doors
- Broken springs
- Broken or bent rollers
- Broken garage door cables
- Bent or misaligned tracks
- Safety inspections
- Replacement of sections
- Garage door hardware overhauls
Whatever request you may have, we will make your door work!
WHY US? Because we:
- As certified Garaga Experts, meet the highest levels of professionalism.
- Are accredited and qualified technicians and installers.
- Give the best advice because we know our products from top to bottom.
- Are courteous, rapid and thorough.
- Are a member of the IDA - International Door Association and the Professional Door Association of New England.
- Cover the residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
- Serve: Attleboro, Boston, Bristol County, Brockton, Canton, Dedham, Franklin, Medfield, Middlesex County, Milton, Needham, Newton, Norfolk County, Norwood, Norwood East, Sharon, Stoughton, Suffolk County, Walpole, Westwood and surroundings areas in Massachusetts.
- Can be quickly reached online to schedule an appointment.
- Provide the best garage door service and repair for any brands:
Garage Door Brands
CHI Overhead Door
Garage Door Opener Brands
Sears / Craftsman
- And last, we love what we are doing!
In the event we diagnose a problem and there is a need to replace some part(s), our door technician will give you a verbal or written estimate for your approval before the work begins. Our work is covered by a one‑year warranty on labor for a residential door and a six‑month warranty for a commercial and or industrial door.
Things you need to know about residential garage door openers
The door opener your garage door is equipped with is powered by either a belt drive (with a wire-reinforced belt) or a chain drive (with a chain similar to a bicycle chain).
Both types of garage door openers work great, but a little more maintenance is required for a chain drive, since it needs to be lubricated at least twice per year. Here at Norwood Door Systems, we prefer the LiftMaster brand of garage door openers for their reliability and exceptional performance. If an issue comes up with your garage door opener a few years down the line, it'll most likely be due to misalignment, obstruction of the photoelectric auto-reverse system, or dead batteries in the radio transmitter. But don't worry; our expert technicians can easily diagnose these problems.
One of the most important features of a garage door opener is the auto-reverse system when the door is coming down. If the door opener detects an object or a person in the door's way, there are two safety mechanisms in place which must always be kept in working condition. First, there is a mechanical safety: if something hits the bottom of the door as it comes down, then it must immediately go back up. Then, there's a photoelectric system: if someone crosses the beam while the door is shutting, then it should also automatically reverse. It is essential to safety that these two mechanisms are checked at least twice a year. Do not dismiss your door opener as simply being there to open and close your garage door; while it can easily lift 225 lb., remember that it also has to hold the same 225 lb. as it lowers.
Another thing: if there is a power outage and your garage door opener does not have an emergency battery, then you'll have to activate the emergency release mechanism from inside the garage (the red cord) in order to open or close your garage door. For this reason, the release mechanism must also be kept in proper working order at all times. That way it'll be ready to be used when you need it, which will save you a lot of hassle, especially in case of an emergency.
Let Norwood Door Systems help you with all your garage door and garage door opener needs around Norwood, Walpole, and Westwood. We'll happily come out to your house to check your garage door system, identify any issues, and quickly provide a solution. We also provide a yearly preventive maintenance program, which includes an annual check of your entire garage door system, to ensure that it always remains in proper working order. Call us now at 508-668-9393 to schedule maintenance or repair services.